Saturday, February 4, 2012

Blogging Tips: How to enlarge photos on Blogger

We all love beautiful bright images! Since this year I am focusing on working on my photography skills I thought It would be a good start to write a post about how to enlarge the pixel size.

Apparently its not that difficult! everybody seems to manage! I have to admit it took me half an hour.. In my defence Inayah was in the room rumbling and distracting! here is how it is done.

Step 1: Upload image.
Step 2: go to the HTML tab in your post bar. Right next to compose tab.
you will see something like this

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vPlavyFO6GI/Ty4c9KR7y7I/AAAAAAAACLY/sahDnEtxaqo/s1600/DSCN8756.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vPlavyFO6GI/Ty4c9KR7y7I/AAAAAAAACLY/sahDnEtxaqo/s320/DSCN8756.JPG" width="240" />
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vPlavyFO6GI/Ty4c9KR7y7I/AAAAAAAACLY/sahDnEtxaqo/s1600/DSCN8756.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="clear: left; float: left; margin-bottom: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">
Step 4: Now all you have to do is to find height="320" and width="240" ( the parameters are variable)
Step 5: Once you locate the height and width
vPlavyFO6GI/Ty4c9KR7y7I/AAAAAAAACLY/sahDnEtxaqo/s1600/DSCN8756.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;"> height="320" src="

These are the px of your image, everything in between is cursor (that is what I was told).

Now erase them.

Step 6: your code will be like this




vPlavyFO6GI/Ty4c9KR7y7I/AAAAAAAACLY/sahDnEtxaqo/s1600/DSCN8756.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">  src="



Step 7: Now look for s320 in the src code which was between height and width. You can change that into the size you desire. the options are

s320,s512,s640,s720,s800,s912,s1024,s1152,s1280,s1440,s1600.

I chose s512 for mine and the code turned into this:

vPlavyFO6GI/Ty4c9KR7y7I/AAAAAAAACLY/sahDnEtxaqo/s1600/DSCN8756.JPG" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;"> src="

>




and the image turned into this







And from now on all my images will be big and bright and beautiful!
image source: me

3 comments:

  1. Thanks soo much, this really helped. The easiest to follow out of all the guides we've seen (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have been trying to figure this out for ages! Thank you so much, I worked it out in an instant thanks to your blog!

    However, I do have a question for you, if I am using this method to enlarge photos that are in landscape and then I have a portrait photo underneath, it jut makes the portrait photo really long and does not adapt the width. Do you know how I can make the width of my portrait photos bigger so that landscape and portrait photos all show up the same width?

    I really hope you can help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It helped me, too! I googled "How to enlarge photos on blog" and then your blog appeared first on the list so I checked it out and your instructions worked!

    ReplyDelete