Monday, March 21, 2011

Detox Diet III


I blogged about detox here and here, its benefits and how its done, now all you have to do is to pair these methods with some pure self love and get ready to embrace a refreshed and energized you:

Here is what you have to do:

Detox bath

A detox bath routine starts with dry skin brushing _ a technique recommended other than detoxing as well.  Than comes the bath or shower with maximum hot water you can take to increase prespiration and finish off with cool water splash. You can use some bath salts as well as some seaweed to make the erasing of toxins deeper. Make your bath more luxurious with some aromatheraputic oils.

here is the entire detail availble which pretty much narrates all that I just expalined but I love viewing that page and its fun to imagine a luxurious bath like that so go ahead enjoy!

Here is another recipe for detoxifying salt soak and ginger bedtime bath as well as a professional detox bath recipe the likes for which our celebreties pay at luxurious spas!
Yoga


Any detox diet can be and should be paired with any form of light exercise like aerobics, walk or yoga. Me being a complete yoga sucker for detox or not chose yoga naturally.  I did some treadmill as well for the increased blood circulation, but kept it very light and a minimum to 10 to 15 mins.

My yoga routine followed early morning 10 min ujay breaths with some stretchings for my legs and followed by some joint twists. And after that I followed sadie nardini'score work out for better abs. You can view the youtube video or choose something to suit your needs. Just make sure that you find a nice quiet room or nook with lots of natural light and white walls to do your routine. Always make sure that you do these routines on an empty stomach and whilst wearing loose clothes.

Detox foot massage


Detox foot massage technically involves some method of using electrolytes to detoxify_ something  I am sure works but is not just for me. There is a high recommendation of using foot patches as well, and it seems like a great technique to try as well, but in my opinion the simplest act of soaking feet in warm water with some salts and than massaging them gently with almond oil will do the trick as well.

Some other At Home Treatments are:


•Dry Skin Brushing

•Tongue Scraping

•Hot Shower Therapy

•Hot Towel Scrub

•Neti Pot for nasal cleansing

•Detoxifying Baths

•Homemade Salt Scrubs

•Enemas

•Healthy Sleep

•Pure Drinking Water

Special Outings or Assisted Treatments


•Sauna/Steam Room

•Mild Exercises

•Chi Kung (Qi Gong)

•Yoga

•Outdoor Adventures

•Dancing

Some Professional Treatments
•Body Work

•Swedish Massage

•Lymphatic Drainage Massage

•Acupuncture

•Reflexology

•Shiatsu

•Reiki

•Maya Abdominal Massage

•Spa Treatments

•Seaweed Wraps

•Salt Glow

•Hot Stone Therapy

You can read about all of them and their details here

THE BEST ADVICE FOR DETOX DIET:

  • Listen to your body: Don't exert yourself or exercise too much or whatever. learn to listen what your body is saying.
  • SLEEEEP: At the right time and for normal  8 hours. That is the best wonder you can do to yourself
  • Give lots of love to yourself and enjoy the process. Usually its ourselves we take for granted the most!
Lastly!

HOW TO GET OFF THE DETOX DIET:

For my part I wanted to reap the benefits of detox for a bit longer and after two weeks of living beautifully withour caffiene and fats and junk food I had no idea how to come back to my ld lousy habits. So here is what I did:

  • Started introducing more protein at the end of the detox as has been indicated in the menu.
  • Remained true to my green tea and kept the use of black tea and coffee to a minimum.
  • Stayed with my yoga routine.
  • Kept half of my salad bowl and smoothie meals as a part of my diet.
There you go my complete account of the detox series!

Here is to a sharper, brighter you with a glow in your skin, lustre in your hair, sparkle in your eyes, shine in your teeth, soundness in your sleep and skip (instead of aches and pains) in your gait! :)

Have a wonderful, beautiful, energizing day ahead!

1 comment:

  1. I was very impressed with the SKII Facial Treatment Essence (http://www.geocities.jp/hongkong_skii/index_e.htm), enough so that I have continued to use the product daily as part of my skin care routine after the test period. It's a luxury purchase to be sure, but this is one of the best products that can really make a significant difference in your skin, and so worth every penny.

    I applied the treatment each morning and evening after cleansing my skin and before moisturizer/primer and then makeup. Within just a few days I could see that my skin was much more supple and smooth - particularly in the t-zone. After about two weeks, I loved the beautiful glow my skin had - even without makeup.

    ReplyDelete