Serenity and Calm are the two words that will define 2010 for me. Surreal hunh?!
NOT IF YOU MAKE Serenity a LIFESTYle and calm a HABIT!!
While making my new year resolutions I sat down and wrote the goals that I wanted to achieve. I wrote that I wanted better abs. I wanted to earn money ( If I manage to live through this year that is! I am always skeptical about future and the uncertanity of life) I wanted to work on my language skills do yoga etc.
But what was the real dig that I wanted out of these 365 days of y life?
What will all these things give me?
Its said that while making new year resolutions the method that works the most is naming the year_ Defining what you want out of this year. For example, this year you want to improve your relationships at work, in home, neihbourhood etc. You'd name the year as The year of relationships.
So my year would be called The year of Serenity, peace and Calm.
Life is full of jostles and hassles. How on earth am I going to make this year The year of Serenity Peace and Calm.!!
Well here is what I came up with:
- Breathe: Not the shallow breaths taht we call breathing but real Breathing. Take it eep inside. Fill your belly with as much air as you can till your tummy expands like a balloon, give a naural pause and than release all the toxic air slowly, gently till your stomach shrnks to reach your waist. FEEL the air entering from your nose travelling through your lungs and reaching your belly and than making its way back. Key to calm.
- Enjoy the moment. Live it. Notice the bird flying in the sky follow its movement: the dive, the curl, the float. Feel the taste of lemon in my mouth Savour its biting juice enticing your taste buds. Smell my babys innocent fragrance. Hear her breathe and feel myself breathe. The key to serenity Take a pause out of life and listen to the life flowing around.
- Make lists of everything!!: Whatever is in your head should be out on paper. Plan the weeks menu over the weekend and buy grocery. Jot down all those creative ideas for your project buzzing in your head. Its always better to make a mind map or a sketch of what you can see through your minds eye Shopping lists, phone numbers, things-to-do, things to blog about. Anything and everything. There is no use of filling your mind space with stuff which you can easily bring on a piece of paper and review. Clear your mind of all this extra it will only clog.
- De-clutter and organize: Get rid of all the extra stuff. Stuff that you see lying around and don't use or does'nt seem like you can use. Arrage and organize every bit of your living space. Create Zen in your environment. Arrange those socks, laundry, documents, clothes. Invest in organizational pieces and FIND a place for everything. Make clean spaces around yourslef. Place foliage to relieve your sour eyes. Find some white or sky blue around yourself. Whatever that brings you calm peace serenity and sanity:P
- Take really good care of yourself: Put on a face mask, give yourself an almond oil massage, perk your hair with a hair treatment. Eat alot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Drink green tea. Practice yoga and work on your posture. Its really tempting to slump or give into coffee and fries and cakes but this binging is not half as rewarding as taking really good care of yourself and reaping the benefits of peace, calm and serenity.
- Visualize the serenity, the peace, the clam that you feel within yourself and soon it will be at your doorstep.
Make serenity and calm alifestyle a habit.
image source: image 1 attic ma
image 2 renovation therapy
image 3 ro.vn
image 4 eco furniture
image 5 the elendra